These Terms of Service are relevant to NONCOMMERCIAL projects only and are subject to revisions, editing, and additions without notice. If you have inquiries for commercial work, email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with details for prices.
Leah Briere’s Terms of Service
The following are terms of service for Leah Briere aka Tea Witch Studio (also called “the artist,” “I,” “me,” and “myself,”), applying to all personal and business transactions, and outlining the acceptable and expected conduct when working with the artist. These terms are here to protect all parties involved, in any and all exchanges.
In contacting and agreeing to receive artwork from me, the client (also called “they”, “their”, “you,” and “your”) enters a contract with me and agree to all terms on this page, which will not be superseded by any other terms unless explicitly agreed upon by myself and the client.
Where there are multiple character owners per image, but only one payee, these terms will extend to the owners of any characters depicted in the image.
- BUSINESS & TRANSACTIONS
- All business will be conducted via e-mail at email@example.com. I will not discuss commissions in DMs, notes, or Discord.
- All prices, including any quotes given, are non-negotiable. If a discount is asked for, I will decline the commission proposal.
- All prices are in USD. I only accept payment via PayPal and GooglePay.
- Payment is required upfront.
- On refunds: No refunds after the art is started. I don’t take payment until I’m going to start the commission and I finish the art in under a week. However, I reserve the right to cancel a commission and issue a refund due to poor communication, rude or inappropriate behavior, or unforeseen inability to complete the commission. Commissions will be finished within 2 to 4 days depending on level of detail.
- THE ARTIST
- I reserve the right to decline any commission proposal without explanation.
- By commissioning me, you are purchasing my labor only. I retain all the rights to the commissioned artwork. While I usually don’t sell prints or make artbooks, I hold the right to do so if I choose. If desired by the client, any commissioned art containing a client’s original character that I might produce prints of will contain a note crediting the client’s name.
- I reserve the right to showcase all commissioned work on any of my personal websites and galleries. Upon request and on a case-by-case basis, I will keep a commission private for as long as the client requires.
III. THE CLIENT
- Clients retain all rights to their own characters. This does not mean you own the copyright to the image (see point 2 in II. THE ARTIST section).
- Clients may not profit from commissioned artwork under any circumstances. This includes the sale of the digital file in image packs, as prints, merchandise, book illustrations, etc.
- Clients may create prints or merchandise for personal use only (to display in-home or as gifts). Clients may also crop the artwork to create icons, wallpapers, or other graphics to be used non-commercially, but may not alter the artwork itself without my permission, which can be granted upon request, on a piece-by-piece basis.
- The client is free to showcase the artwork in their personal website or gallery with the stipulation that I am credited as the artist, and provided it is not any high-resolution or un-watermarked version of the work.
- The client does not have the right to use a commission as a book illustration or cover for traditional, digital, self-published, fanzine, or any other form of publication. This falls under commercial use. If the artist agrees to publication, the client must purchase the rights to the image at the rate of three (3) times the original price. The artist has the right to decline the sale of the rights for publication.
- REVISIONS AND DELIVERY
- The client will have the opportunity to request changes of the work during the sketch/thumbnail stage, and again at the flat color stage. Minor revisions can be made after the commission is complete if I left out a detail that was clearly mentioned in the reference or description.
- Excessive revisions, revisions that diverge from the client’s original commission description/references, or nitpicking may increase the length of time a commission takes, and will be billed separately (at a rate of $30 an hour). If you wish for me to change something just to see how it looks it will also incur an additional charge.
- Upon completion, you will receive both a small web-copy of your commission, for sharing, as well as a higher resolution copy, for personal viewing.
- Commissions will be finished within 2 to 4 business days after the payment is taken. Pieces with backgrounds may take longer.
The Client must read, understand, and agree to all the above terms before entering into an agreement with the Artist. By sending payment, the Client agrees to the above terms.